Stings

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it is unusual, I don't know. If I get stung on my hand or wrist it swells up quite badly, anywhere else it just goes a bit red and itches for a couple of days. I haven't yet been stung on the head, although I did get one on the back of my neck which didn't really cause any problems.

I tend to swell everywhere I get stung but swelling and itchiness are only in the area I was stung and go after a few days. It just that this sting on my upper hand near my wrist has resulted in my whole hand swelling up and feeling hot. Nice to know I'm not alone, I looked online at pictures of stings to hands and mine seems to be similar.

Roola - hands are always bad for me, especially if I'm stung on the finger, I've had my whole hand balloon up down to the wrist before. If you do react badly make sure you take your rings off immediately and leave them off for 24hrs... It's not great fun having them cut off in A&E!

Hand stings

I had my first sting on my hand last thursday and like others my whole hand, wrist and forearm looked like an inflated glove!! Glad to hear I'm not alone and that stings in other areas might not have the same effect! It wasn't pleasant!

Cheers all! Interesting it seems to effect hands like that. My hand hurt so much yesterday, felt like it was about to explode, fine today though.

if the swelling lasts for longer than 36 hours, the Doctors told me to go and get some steroids from them!

My hand and forearm swelled up so much, I could not use my hand...I could not bend it because the skin was so tight and swollen, I was stung on the wrist.

Latest posts

Back