Statue to Tony Blair

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My understanding was that Blair had converted to Roman Catholicism so that he could be beatified and go on to be recognised as a true saint. He can already walk on water, convert water into wine and is quite the host (in his head he is not really looking to be a saint but to be recognised as the second coming).

I can see why this thread has been started... in opposition to the Margaret Thatcher one, but that was started because of the suggestion that there be a MT day. I do not think there has been a suggestion of a Blair day. If there were to be such a day, we could celebrate it with rockets made from the remains of the hidden 'weapons of mass destruction'. (Did anyone actually believe that they existed?)

My understanding was that Blair had converted to Roman Catholicism so that he could be beatified

or maybe he didn't do it earlier because of the constitutional problems of a catholic PM? and the chance of him still not getting that job even though he wasn't officially a tory?

More to the point - I've heard that the reason pope Benedict resigned was because he was getting nightmares after taking Tone's confession - and he only did the first installment - there were twelve more to go!!!

Perhaps a point was missed, but the image of your Mrs T with a Pigeon on her head made me chuckle!

'Skuse me bach!....HE !!!!!
Oops - don't always look at them thingies

There's also the memorial at Kidwely to one of my ancestors, Princess Gwenllian who died leading a charge on the castle way back when.

Stature to Tony Blair

brilliant amazing comments from the above learned Bee friends, I'd vote for them to be PM rather than than the previous lot. We'll done, keep it up, great to read a lighthearted forum.From a beginner lol

At the one hundredth anniversary of WW1 commencing, don't forget Edith Cavell !
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No no no ... That was Edith Peeoff and didn't she play Renee's wife in Allo Allo ... voice like broken glass ?

Correct mon petit sparrow :)
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nick lowe liked the sound of breaking glass
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn0cuAYC5jk"](I Love The Sound Of) Breaking Glass - Nick Lowe (1978) - YouTube[/ame]

Latest posts

Back