South Somerset - Paid bee Work...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeboybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
6 >12 - 14x12 + Nucs
Hi Team looks like i might be away for work for 6mths soon out of the blue....

i am looking for someone to step in and look after my 6 Colonies, currently on 14 x 12 broods, must have plenty of experience.

This would be a Paid arrangement, i would try and leave enough equipment to keep things moving, If we get a Crop this year then i would like to get it extracted & Stored for me to jar up in the autumn.

i have 24 supers, half with drawn frames, 4 x spare Nuc Boxes, & other misc Stuff, so hopefully nothing should need to be bought, i want to try and stick at 6 colonies and not increase.

it would need to be someone reasonably fit as my hives are across a field.
ideally someone who is happy to do updates via email.

i have no idea on what Fee to pay so up for further discussions.

i am in the Bridgwater / Taunton area.

Ping me a PM for Questions & Thoughts.

Thanks all and bring on the sunshine

I am afraid I do not have the time or the fitness but I would suggest you get in touch with the Taunton BKA. I know one of their group gave up last year as he was moving house locally. He may help you out for six months. I am not a member so I can't help further.

Alas, too distant and def lacking the experience you need. I hope you find a willing volunteer.

Hi Team looks like i might be away for work for 6mths soon out of the blue....

i am looking for someone to step in and look after my 6 Colonies, currently on 14 x 12 broods, must have plenty of experience.

This would be a Paid arrangement, i would try and leave enough equipment to keep things moving, If we get a Crop this year then i would like to get it extracted & Stored for me to jar up in the autumn.

i have 24 supers, half with drawn frames, 4 x spare Nuc Boxes, & other misc Stuff, so hopefully nothing should need to be bought, i want to try and stick at 6 colonies and not increase.

it would need to be someone reasonably fit as my hives are across a field.
ideally someone who is happy to do updates via email.

i have no idea on what Fee to pay so up for further discussions.

i am in the Bridgwater / Taunton area.

Ping me a PM for Questions & Thoughts.

Thanks all and bring on the sunshine

You could start with an advert in your local media. Financially a minimum hourly wage at National level would be a base to build on but skill level would need to be added.
(Or you could drop in lucky and a volunteer step forward)

I suggest you just offer them half the honey crop, and say that you expect to find six hives of bees, prepared for winter, when you come home.
They would keep any swarms and any increase (nucs, extra queens etc) and they would use their own equipment for any increase. Paying an hourly rate may leave you out of pocket, and could lead to arguments.

Back