Snow - yah oder nein?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazza

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 ish
Snow - I love it. (Always brings out the German in me.)

I love the whole cold white business - skiing, sledging,trudging,whatever.:winner1st:
What do you think?
Cazza

I'm a Full On Kid.... Got my sledge ready....

I am afraid I have grown into an adult.
It's taken a long time.. I know..:hairpull:

Best part is the driving and either laughing at or helping unfortunates who have come a cropper.

salli the springer spends every waking hour outdoors when it's white.

My fear of slipping, and the consequences at my age (I'm not that old!), reduces the excitement of snow. It is pretty to look at, makes a nice crunch underfoot, but this snow is no fun, couldn't even make a snowman from it!

Strange to say, in Manchester we rarely get enough snow to sledge, dammit.

Even now, it's cold but hardly a covering on the footpaths.

(But when it does snow, finding somewhere to do handbreak turns, is brill!)

Dusty

Snow - I love it. (Always brings out the German in me.)

I love the whole cold white business - skiing, sledging,trudging,whatever.:winner1st:
What do you think?
Cazza

Yes :D

Got up an hour early to ensure I got to the dentist on time, and I hate going to the dentist. Dug a Land Rover out of the shed and proceeded at a refined trundle for an hour and a half for a 30 minute journey. Round here you have to strike early to enjoy the snow; by mid afternoon the sleet-turned-drizzle had reduced it to a distant memory save for the dusting on the hilltops.

Nice to look at - but that's all - fed up over the years having my peace and quiet disturbed by nob heads (whether in ordinary cars or '4x4's' ) screaming through the gears and skidding trying to negotiate the bend on the hill outside the house.
Sometimes i may open the front door and shout ' Dick head' just for the hell of it.
Why do people, at the first sniff of snow feel the need to drive around for it without good reason?

Nice to look at - but that's all - fed up over the years having my peace and quiet disturbed by nob heads (whether in ordinary cars or '4x4's' ) screaming through the gears and skidding trying to negotiate the bend on the hill outside the house.
Sometimes i may open the front door and shout ' Dick head' just for the hell of it.
Why do people, at the first sniff of snow feel the need to drive around for it without good reason?

But when it does snow, finding somewhere to do handbreak turns, is brill!

Dusty

That's "Canon Dick head", if you don't mind.

Proper bit of respect, please.

Dusty

Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes

But when it does snow, finding somewhere to do handbreak turns, is brill!

Dusty

:yeahthat:
Great fun on a quad bike, too... :D

That's "Canon Dick head", if you don't mind.

Proper bit of respect, please.

Dusty

my sincerest apologies your reverence not worthy - present company excepted from my rant :Ddon't mind you doing it on the flat just not outside my house - seen too many close shaves over the years - once thought I was going to witness a pedestrian and child in pushchair totalled - then of course the pile of abandoned vehicles I have to negotiate for me to get out for anything

Went for a fabulous snowy walk along the source of the Waveney yesterday, which is a short stroll from my house. Took my ski poles to pretend I was on holiday.
Animal tracks were fabulous. Keep it coming!
Cazza

Latest posts

Back