snow drops out on 12 Jan 2011

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the beehive lodge

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I was out and about in disbury (manchester) by flecher moss park (Millgate lane ) only to see snow drops out in one of the comunity centres gardens was wondering if any other beek has seen any
I will stop and have a proper look tomorrow to confirm as i was driving at the time 10oC here my bees was buzzing around pooing every where nice to see them ;) :coolgleamA:

I have a few daffs and snowdrops poking through and mint is sprouting.

Was only thinking about this very thing yesterday, because there are normally at least a few snowdrops out by now in my garden, but they are only just poking through the ground. Not surprising given the winter weather so far.........the Bees on the other hand are taking full advantage of the warmer weather and have been a delight to watch over the last couple of days, all they need now are the snowdrops to give them something to do ;)

I spotted one white bud of ( I think) Gravetye Giant in the garden today. The other snowdrops are all just green shoots, ditto crocus.
Bees were beautifully active. this morning (13 C), some were working Mahonia or winter flowering honeysuckle.
Cazza

Spotted 3 snowdrops in the garden this morning.
:hurray:

The girls were very busy yesterday in spite of the rain and some coming in with pollen.

N. Yorks nowt to see yet

I usually get a lovely show around the hives because it backs on to a mixed deciduous copse. Did get to drive down and take a look at the girls this lunch time, nothing even poking through yet. 12'C light activity from all 4 hives (that was good to see) but only cleansing flights and the like.

One snow drop 28 December, it was the earliest they have ever been

Grub

Crocus's started flowering 13th January also though not sure any good for bees we have had primroses out for about a week.

Crocus's started flowering 13th January also though not sure any good for bees we have had primroses out for about a week.

Bees should enjoy the crocus pollen. It's certainly popular in my garden if I can keep the mice off the corms.
Cazza

Latest posts

Back