security

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To your computer (only) or to "publish on the internet"?

Just to your Computer:

From what I can see, I would expect you plug the "USB" (Universal Serial Bus) cable in at both ends. (Small one in the Camera, large one in the computer).

Windows (I assume you are using Windows 7 or 10) will then set about installing a driver. Provided your computer can see the internet this will happen without you needing to do anything. Microsoft have a pretty good database of everything now, so it would be my preferred method, if you have no internet, you will need to use the 8cm CD that should have been in the pack.

Windows will add the Camera as "A Device", you will be able to see it in "Device Manager" (If W10 just search "Device Manager" in the startup box). But you probably won't need to do that.

You can then start "Windows Media Player" and "point" it at your camera (which it will find as a device). Then you should see the pictures.

That's not a "detailed" how to I know, but it is the gist of what needs to happen.

Try that, and then tell us what didn't work and we'll take a bash at solving any problems that occur :)

To your computer (only) or to "publish on the internet"?

Just to your Computer:

From what I can see, I would expect you plug the "USB" (Universal Serial Bus) cable in at both ends. (Small one in the Camera, large one in the computer).

Windows (I assume you are using Windows 7 or 10) will then set about installing a driver. Provided your computer can see the internet this will happen without you needing to do anything. Microsoft have a pretty good database of everything now, so it would be my preferred method, if you have no internet, you will need to use the 8cm CD that should have been in the pack.

Windows will add the Camera as "A Device", you will be able to see it in "Device Manager" (If W10 just search "Device Manager" in the startup box). But you probably won't need to do that.

You can then start "Windows Media Player" and "point" it at your camera (which it will find as a device). Then you should see the pictures.

That's not a "detailed" how to I know, but it is the gist of what needs to happen.

Try that, and then tell us what didn't work and we'll take a bash at solving any problems that occur :)

I may not have put it right, this is a trial camera to put in my apiary it can send pics. direct to computer can you help??.

How does it send? Bluetooth or WiFi?

Thinking a bit more about the question. You haven't explained what the transfer system from camera is. I've got bog standard cctv around the farm with cable back to a digital video recorder. The shorter runs (sub 50metres) employ coax for the video with power cables attached. Known as shotgun configuration. Longer runs use cat5e cable with baluns. There are four signal pairs available in each cable if you can provide local 12volt power or you can use one of the pairs for pan tilt and zoom control.
Cat5e is good for 300m or so. Just needs routing from cameras to dvr. I buried mine in conduit.

Have a look on youtube. There are a few instructional videos there on setup which could help you.

Latest posts

Back