Roof Covering ,metal.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric knockalt

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
8-10
Have some hive roofs that need new covers ,whats the metal sheeting used on roofs of hives and nucs and stockists please.

Dont use metal.. It is known that certain people will steal it. Whats wrong with wood preserver and paint?

Have about 4 roofs and 2or 3 nucs ,just thought the metal would give longevity and save me a wee bit of work .

Have about 4 roofs and 2or 3 nucs ,just thought the metal would give longevity and save me a wee bit of work .

If you google... beehive bits.. you will find a small buisness that does the covers for a reasonable price,they will also make them for the nucs if you let them know the dimensions. The thin aluminium printing plates also make quite good nuc roof covers.

Many thanks hivemaker n Dishmop tried the paint and wbp ply leaks after a couple of seasons ,gets very damp in the wicklow mountains.

I cut up an old tarp for the roofs of my nucs still going strong no leaks and it was free.

i go to my local printer and get their aluminuim sheets for free. they are very light and easy to tear but aslong as you are carefull they are very good.

Thanks all think i,ll be checking out my local printers then ,

Latest posts

Back