Robing pressure on mini nucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly green finger's

If you think you know all, you actually know nowt!
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
30+
Evening all, I usually move mine when there’s robing going on, but I’ve moved them to a smaller apiary and there is still robbing happening they are strong mini nucs with lots of bees and brood oh they are home made mini 4/6 frame nucs.
What do you folk do with yours to stop robbing thanks
IMG_2787.jpeg

Evening all, I usually move mine when there’s robing going on, but I’ve moved them to a smaller apiary and there is still robbing happening they are strong mini nucs with lots of bees and brood oh they are home made mini 4/6 frame nucs.
View attachment 41092
It's a small entrance, but could be made even smaller.

one very small entrance hole.Combine q- with q+ mni nucs using air freshener (for speed and convenience it is unbeatable).
A combined nuc has more workers and is stronger and better able to resist robbing,
Feed fondant only.. not syrup . Syrup attracts robbing.

Despite above, still get robbing.

View attachment 41092
Tweak your design (twin unit/single unit with integral feeder/external rails on the ends of the box/whatever) so that it has the same footprint as a standard frame nuc. This'll give you immense flexibility with a little thought.

Tweak your design (twin unit/single unit with integral feeder/external rails on the ends of the box/whatever) so that it has the same footprint as a standard frame nuc. This'll give you immense flexibility with a little thought.
Winter project I think you sent me details.?

Latest posts

Back