Realistic drawings look like photographs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winker

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
As a professional photographer these just blew me away and i just had to share these with you.

To an untrained eye these pictures would look nothing more than standard photographs but it's not all black and white - they are in fact hand drawn. These are the works of 47-year-old hyperrealist artist Paul Cadden, who, often just using a pencil, is able to recreate photos in amazing detail.

Google Paul Cadden for more info on him.

rexusa-1024032j-jpg_161938.jpg

rexusa-1024032a-jpg_161930.jpg

rexusa-1024032b-jpg_161930.jpg

rexusa-1024032e-jpg_161929.jpg

rexusa-1024032d-jpg_161929.jpg

rexusa-1024032h-jpg_161936.jpg

rexusa-1024032i-jpg_161939.jpg

rexusa-1024032g-jpg_161931.jpg

Quite remarkable drawings, amazingly my printer/scanner can achieve simular results !

Time of year anthing to do with this?

What would the time of year have to do with me sharing someone's hand drawn art to you? Would it make any deference if i posted this 2 months ago or 2 months from now?

Google Paul Cadden and have a look at more of his Hand drawing art on his site, they are there all year round! Now maybe if you said " would it be something to do with promoting a fellow Scotsman" I may have agreed

Edit:

Just found this by googling it myself LINK

Last edited:
Quite remarkable drawings, amazingly my printer/scanner can achieve simular results !

aye i bet you printer can. But i bet a days wages your hand cant do the same work he does.

aye i bet you printer can. But i bet a days wages your hand cant do the same work he does.

my hand can work remarkably fast when I'm presented with pictures like the one you didnt post from the link ;)

my hand can work remarkably fast when I'm presented with pictures like the one you didnt post from the link ;)

Aye one of them was a wee bit un family orientated :blush5:

Perhaps with tomorrow's date in mind?

So the mailonline started April fool joke on the 15th of march, which was they date they published the article i linked to...More fool them then for being 16 days too early.

Then they went to the bother to setting up a website in the name of Paul Cadden.

Then just to make the joke more realistic they get two art gallery's to show off this fictitious characters wrok.

Gee, that's a lot of effort and expense to go to.

But i guess when are as sceptical as some of you appear to be, there is nothing that's going to change your mind.

If you think this was posted as a joke them im afraid the joke is on you.

Hey Winker. Keep cool. I was only answering your question about date, not agreeing with the scepticism.

I agree they are excellent. As photographs they would be rated as very good and as drawings they are exceptional.

Thanks for posting them.

Hey Winker. Keep cool. I was only answering your question about date, not agreeing with the scepticism.

I agree they are excellent. As photographs they would be rated as very good and as drawings they are exceptional.

Thanks for posting them.

Hey peter, im always cool :cool: I Just have a poor writing style. If it were not for you informing me i would never have remembered about April fools day.

To those of you who are the forever Sceptics in life, its past the 1st of April and his art is still out there for you to see.

If you look close at the pictures i posted you can see they are hand drawn, but you need to look close at the detail

Thanks for posting these. I hadn't seen them before, and they are IMHO awesome. I still can't quite work out how to draw smoke not worthy