Queen Rearing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borderer

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Last year I bought a queen which I understand is of slovinian origin. I like the temprement and I have noticed that the colony gets started foraging well before the other hives in the apiary. So I am considering raising some new queens from her slovinian majesty. However I have heard that the offspring are likely to be bad tempered. Is there a possibility that I might be lucky and get a pleasent daughter or two, or are they all going to be nasty

Last year I bought a queen which I understand is of slovinian origin. I like the temprement and I have noticed that the colony gets started foraging well before the other hives in the apiary. So I am considering raising some new queens from her slovinian majesty. However I have heard that the offspring are likely to be bad tempered. Is there a possibility that I might be lucky and get a pleasent daughter or two, or are they all going to be nasty
Shouldn't have too much trouble from a first cross (F1 hybrid)
It's the grand daughters could throw the odd nasty :)

John Wilkinson

Oh, the Carnies are like a some good looking russian gurl - you find them very atractive and pleasant until you know them better and when the initial infatuation is passed, you can't stand them any longer.

Start with something else....

Carniolans are great if you don't mind running after them all the time and making boxes for the splits. They are nice and gentle, but can be very high maintenance.

I think that Scutellator summed it up perfectly.

Latest posts

Back