Queen marking pens, less than half price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not putting up one of your Amazon links Admin? Assumed that generated click-through revenue?

No revenue has ever been earned by the forum from Amazon,its just a bit of software that gives an Amazon image.

Maybe I should start to think about using the Amazon advertising programe?

they last for years as long as you store them 'tip down'....I have a yellow one from the early 1990s still going strong (ok, a bit of shaking needed !!)

oh, and what is this years colour, my memory escapes me !

S

So about 20yrs use of a pen.

5 pens, 100 yrs. ok Seems a bargain.

Hope you don't lose them.:D

No revenue has ever been earned by the forum from Amazon,its just a bit of software that gives an Amazon image.

Maybe I should start to think about using the Amazon advertising programe?

Ah, thought it was an affiliate marketing thing to give the coffers some well deserved coppers - no idea if thats possible with Amazon or not but it does come up here quite a lot

Worth noting with these pens.

WARNING.

Do not leave the pen in the warm sunshine, then attempt to mark the queen - it will shoot paint everywhere. Thankfully I tested mine on a drone (drowned the poor little chap) before marking the queen.

Apart from that, they're good pens.

Yes just ordered mine, See how they go, Now I will have to find HR.

Worth noting with these pens.

WARNING.

Do not leave the pen in the warm sunshine, then attempt to mark the queen - it will shoot paint everywhere.

Yes, my experience as well, queen didn't cop it but I do have a special one-of Sherrif green bee suit with fine blue polka dots. What all the well dressed beeks in Paris were wearing in 2010 I'm told. :coolgleamA:

Better buy some i went to a well known place that begins with t and there nearly a fiver each{cough**{ cough**

Can't help noticing they're not sold for the purpose- is everyone confident they wont harm the queen eg wrong solvent?

I bought one this afternoon from "Park Beekeeping" for 85p.....not exactly a pen but more like a nail varnish bottle/brush.

For 20 years I've used white tippex but all the bottles (I'd nicked from my last job) have finally dried up!!

I have them on Amaz*n and deffo gonna buy some. Thank You for posting this thread.

Marking pens - received

Ordered mine on March 29th. Received this morning, April 1st. Not bad eh?
Never had a problem ordering from that 4,200 mile river in South America!

Latest posts

Back