• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Queen bee / nuc wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whizzwheels

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Does anybody have any queens for sale in the Cheshire / south Manchester area.
Or possibly a nuc as I've check my hive today and the queen has vanished, no eggs and very little brood so I think she has been gone a while.
The queen was spotted last month when I inspected the hive and was building up nicely. So not sure what has happend no evidence of swarm cells.

nuc or queen

I can have either for u on friday.

nuc in 14x12 for £180
or
nuc in normal brood frames £150

And I can deliver as im passing that way friday.

Thank you

Bees seldom leave themselves Q- and can also remove queen cells once queens have emerged. You may have had a single supersedure cell and you missed it. By all means get a replacement or a nuc but if you are going to introduce a queen or combine with the nuc first make sure your hive is 100% Q- and give the bees a test frame of eggs from your other hive. After about five days if the hive is Q- you will have queen cells on the test frame but if you have a queen then no queen cells.

I'm hoping it's a very early swarm and there is a new queen somewhere in the haive that hasn't started laying yet. I haven't had chnace to check on them again due to work commitments and the weather and not going to have chance to check again for a few days. I don't have a second hive to get eggs from to see if they are queenless so will leave it a few days more and hope there is another queen and she start to lay.

I'm hoping it's a very early swarm and there is a new queen somewhere in the haive that hasn't started laying yet. I haven't had chnace to check on them again due to work commitments and the weather and not going to have chance to check again for a few days. I don't have a second hive to get eggs from to see if they are queenless so will leave it a few days more and hope there is another queen and she start to lay.

Cant you put a frame in with eggs from your other hive as your profile says you have two, save you spending money?

Back