Puzzled (But I am new to this)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Admin......the petrol one's are cordless...apart from the pull cord.

:rofl:

Nice one Pete.

But the looks a nice little unit, but I still think I will get the Makita 4 stroke unit

Just a foot note to say I looked through the hive Sunday and all is well. Queen found and marked, eggs and larvae seen.

Hive all back to normal :hurray:

Thanks for the comments
Pete

I have also used a petrol leaf blower.

It works well.

When did bee keeping become a rush job for a hobbyist with a handful of hives to warrant needing a blower.? :confused:

Using a blower seems to me to go against every thing I was taught about bee keeping and respecting your bees, being gentle, calm and patient so not to cause stress to the colony. Even if it was proved no bees were physically harmed which I find a little difficult to believe surely the bees are left feeling extremely stressed, dazed and confused which is likely to cause them to exit the hive and possibly become aggressive, all because the beek can't wait a few hours and fit a bee escape before removing the supers. :mad:

I have colonies that work dam hard who don't like even the roof being removed in my rural apiary miles away from the public, I would hate to think what they would do if they were in my back garden and I blasted them but at a guess they would take out their anger on the nearest person or animal.

:angelsad2:

Latest posts

Back