Problems with my Queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Suechick,
yeah thanks for that hope we are all ok. By the way I wasnt trying to hijack your thread like someone suugested I was doing on another thread, I was simply sharing your problem and trying to find things out. Thats what I thought this forum was about. Anyway like you have said to me, I wish you luck and I will do the same as you, battle on. We wont always be Newbees

Hiveabee,

I wasn't upset by your messages, in fact it was nice to know i wasn't by myself.

Hiya suechick
I know you wasn't upset, I just saw it mentioned on another thread. Not to worry. Its given bad weather up here in Lancashire for the weekend, I was hoping it would be warmish so I could take a look at whats happening. Do you think you will be able to see whats going on in your hive?

cold and wet here, not even worth going in the field. I have nesting geese I will watch them instead, at least something is laying eggs even if they are as big as my hand!

hey Big long Darren, Did you get to eat that fish?

Perhaps she (the Queen) knew the cold spell was coming and thought better of it.

Sue

the bass went back alive and kicking sue,hope your bees work out for the best.
Darren

Hi Darren,
I live on the Ribble Estuary, I go out regularly in the warmer months and get fish like that in your picture. Live sand eels are good here as bait, what do you find catches? When using lures a black and green combination works. Any way sorry about the above, this is a bee forum, got carried away.

Hi Suechick, How have you gone on? Last Saturday a friend of mine gave me a small triangle shaped piece of comb with eggs and grubs in the cells. I cut the shape out of one of my brood frames and fitted the piece into it. I have just had a quick look to see what the girls made of this. I am pleased to say that they have made the most wonderful Queen cell and a cup with a grub in it. I know I am not out of the woods yet but it looks a lot better than it did a week ago.

woo haa,

I'm so happy.
A lovely bee keeper from my division helped me by giving me 2 frames of eggs. It was quite an adventure in my friends car keeping them warm and navigating country lanes to get them to the hive before they got cold.
Put them in, gave them food and left them to get going whilst the bad weather kicked in. had a look recently and they were all happy. No eggs but very happy.
I have been walking past on good days and something has recently gone up a notch. We went to check one sunny day and the hive was heaving.
Took a look today and i have eggs, took a mosey around and around and found a lovely new Queen sitting in the corner on the floor of the hive avoiding the sunshine.
We checked each other out from a distance, said hello and then i closed the hive up.

What a wonderful day.

If you wrap the comb/s in a damp towel they travel no bother for hours.

PH

Latest posts

Back