Paypal Query.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
I havent had to convert currency within Paypal for quite some time since before they "improved" the website.. Now I cant find anywhere on how to exchange USD to GBP.

Am I missing something?

Its not on the old one either. The only instructions I can find is it says open account and summary and under where it says balance it give the currency of your balance..then it tells you to click on the Currency Box..........but there isnt one....

Last edited:
Doesn't it convert it when you move it to your card?

The few times I have bought from overseas it converted it when it was charged to my card, at a pretty good rate,which I assumed was the bank rate.

I thought it did it automatically?
It seemed to know what currency the receiving account was and told me how much it cost in my language. This was about a year ago and it might have changed since.

Ok...
They have now told me this which is different to what it says in the Help section.

1.Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
2.On your 'Summary' page, click PayPal balance.
3.Click Manage currencies.
4.Under 'Currency Exchange' (in the right panel) enter the amount you want to convert.
5.Select the currency to convert the funds from (USD).
6.Select the currency to convert the funds to (GBP).
7.Click Calculate to see the currency conversion.
8.Click Continue to review the transfer.
9.Click Exchange Currency to confirm the transfer.

On the summary page next to where it says "Paypal Balance" is a " > " thing.
you have to click on that, then I had to sign in again which takes you to another page where one of the options is "Manage Currencies"

Latest posts

Back