parts for max sievert blow torch.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
i have a old max sievert blow torch and the wee rubber thing inside the thing that you pump to build up the pressure is wore away and broke,is there anywhere were i can get a new one? i will post up the model number tomorrow and even try and get a photo up.
Thanks Darren

Is it an O-ring by chance. If so, post the inside and outside diameters and diameter of the rubber section if you have them.

That way someone may be able to identify a part that may not be made for your blow torch but will be a direct replacement part none-the-less.

Look forward to your photo.
PS I have no O-rings. :) That doesn't mean I can't help you to help yourself.
A lot of O-rings today are provided as rubber that you cut and super glue yourself. I did it with a rubber drive belt for a cassette recorder years ago, not quite as good as a new band, but custom size and it worked for a reasonable time.

look in a car part place plenty of o rings to be found there normaly a standered size

sounds like a sketch of the two ronnies o'sss no hose

I have a couple of those old blowtorches,and the plunger seals on them are made from leather,and very easy to make a new seal.

Last edited:
here is a a few pictures,its the wee rubber doofer thing that i need,hope somebody can help me out,
thanks again Darren.

Could be leather .
Pull it to bits to check properly , often a leather disc with hole punched centrally , soaked in linseed oil for a few days and then shaped into the cup shaped washer you see :)
VM

QUOTE=victor meldrew;206511]Could be leather .
Pull it to bits to check properly , often a leather disc with hole punched centrally , soaked in linseed oil for a few days and then shaped into the cup shaped washer you see :)
VM[/QUOTE]

:iagree: Easy peasy to replace

Greatnot worthy You should be able to incinerate loads of boxes with that:rofl:

I call those 'blow lamps', not torches.

Probably find a whole forum dedicated to them with a goggle search!

Most were paraffin burners, but a few burned petrol. Not many for the latter fuel have survived and in use these days! Tilley lamp era. Methylated spirit pre-warm, to get them going, and probably a nozzle-cleaning tool attached to it somewhere.

It should burn steadily, dependant on pressure retention and how full with fuel the tank is. LPG sent them 'out of date', but they are a good collectible item.

RAB

That part in our petrol blowlamp (not sure of make) is made of leather

Not sure elf and safety would like him using it in trainers and jeans.

Back