Parking on access only road

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be able to leave my car without the hassle if not obstructing anyone drive way, possibly you condone what was done but I don't.

Have you ever heard of the Bronx? One of the 5 boroughs of New York City. Years ago, I made maple syrup and delivered it to health food stores in New York. On the way down from Vermont, there would be a broken down car on the side of the road in the Bronx. A few days later, on the way back home, only a shell of the car would remain. Everything else...I mean everything else from the running gear and engine to the seats and windows would be gone.

:iagree:

If it's adopted by the council then it's a public road.
Noone has the 'right' to the spot of public road outside his/her house whatever they may believe. 'Access only' is just an indication that the road goes nowhere basically, not a claim of ownership.
My advice would be to park there again, hide away somewhere to watch your vehicle and the nperson sticking the notice on. Establish where he lives then return the notice to them through their letterbox - wrapped around a nice big dog turd

Sorry Jenkins, I don't like pointing out when people make mistakes as its not constructive but your mistake could cost the questioner points and a fine. You are mistaken in law, "Access only" is a sign indicating an enforceable traffic regulation, it means you can only drive on that road to get access to premises on that road or premises only accessible from that road.
"Cul-de-sac" is an advisory sign usually used to indicate a road that goes nowhere. The two are significantly different. The difference is three penalty points and a fine!

Last edited:
Access Only surely means that it doesnt lead anywhere..I know of one road in Norwich which says that and you can get out the other end onto the main road..but its been classified as access only to stop people using it as a short cut around the traffic lights just up the road.

If you werent allowed to park on an access only road the sign would say "Parking for residents only"

Except for access means you can only use that road if that is the only access to the place you are going, if a delivery van will need to use that road if it is the only access to where he is going. If there is a field at the end of the road where you keep bees then you need to use that road to gain access......I believe

Back