Ovivo mobile network.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody else on here been on the ovivo mobile network that shut down yesterday, was a great service,shame its no more.

Darren

It was quite clearly a ponzi scheme, with the recruitment of new subscribers paying Vodafone for the air time of existing subscribers. As soon as their rate of growth slowed, they could no longer pay the bills. Anyone joining recently will have lost money. The advertising gimmick was never going to be viable.

It was quite clearly a ponzi scheme, with the recruitment of new subscribers paying Vodafone for the air time of existing subscribers. As soon as their rate of growth slowed, they could no longer pay the bills. Anyone joining recently will have lost money. The advertising gimmick was never going to be viable.

I have to say that it looked that way to me, and so I decided not to give them my money.
Would have been a wonderful business model if I had been wrong and it had actually worked sustainably.

"If a thing looks too good to be true, then, sadly, it probably is."

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2014/03/20/exclusive-dispute-with-cognatel-led-to-ovivo-mobile-closure/

Vodafone and Cognatel would/should have checked out the business model etc before agreeing to supply 50k sims and airtime?
"Dispute over network software led to abrupt closure of network yesterday evening (March 20)
Ovivo Mobile was terminated by MVNA Cognatel following an alleged dispute over network software that would have allowed the MVNO to uniquely identify each user, Mobile News understands.
It is believed that Cognatel was contractually obliged to deliver the software but had failed to do so. Uniquely identifying each user was essential to the operator’s service which provided free airtime, texts and data in exhange for agreeing to being targeted by marketing materials.
Furthermore, it also understood that Ovivo Mobile had been withholding cash from the Vodafone MVNA as part of the dispute and it was this that led to the plug being pulled at short notice yesterday."

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2014/03/20/exclusive-dispute-with-cognatel-led-to-ovivo-mobile-closure/

Vodafone and Cognatel would/should have checked out the business model etc before agreeing to supply 50k sims and airtime?
"Dispute over network software led to abrupt closure of network yesterday evening (March 20)
Ovivo Mobile was terminated by MVNA Cognatel following an alleged dispute over network software that would have allowed the MVNO to uniquely identify each user, Mobile News understands.
It is believed that Cognatel was contractually obliged to deliver the software but had failed to do so. Uniquely identifying each user was essential to the operator’s service which provided free airtime, texts and data in exhange for agreeing to being targeted by marketing materials.
Furthermore, it also understood that Ovivo Mobile had been withholding cash from the Vodafone MVNA as part of the dispute and it was this that led to the plug being pulled at short notice yesterday."

Really?

The software was "essential" to Ovivo's advertising sales?
But the software was never delivered?
So they couldn't actually sell ANY targeted advertising?

So their income was from new subscribers joining?
Isn't that the essence of a Ponzi scheme?

Really?

The software was "essential" to Ovivo's advertising sales?
But the software was never delivered?
So they couldn't actually sell ANY targeted advertising?

So their income was from new subscribers joining?
Isn't that the essence of a Ponzi scheme?

That being the case, then someone either didn't exercise due diligence or got the wool well and truly pulled over their eyes?

Latest posts

Back