Out & About

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Noticed how warm it was this afternoon, nipped up to the bees and all were out in very high numbers, some were even bringing in very small ammounts of greyish pollen.

It was great to see and the noise was superb , and yes PH i managed to control myself, not long to go now .......

Admin were yours out ?

Looks set for temps up to 11 deg C this week, so should be good.

All of my hoves where flying well. I had a quick check of the blocks of fondant, they are taking it doen ,but not much. And the hives are still heavy so I guess they are well stocked up?

Hi sweetums My bees were also out today and I live in the cold wet coast of Scotland. The temp today was 7 degrees. Our Scotish bees are quite hardy up here

Well done!

I was tempted myself today but although it hit 10C it rapidly fell again to 7. I walked the dogs instead. (whilst looking for a rape site LOL)

PH

poly you may want to add oil seed to the above post :)

Noticed how warm it was this afternoon, nipped up to the bees and all were out in very high numbers, some were even bringing in very small ammounts of greyish pollen.

It was great to see and the noise was superb , and yes PH i managed to control myself, not long to go now .......

Admin were yours out ?

Hi Sweetums,yes all hives are flying but did not get close enough to check if any pollen was being collected,although I did see a few bees hitting the landing boards heavy.

Well done!

I was tempted myself today but although it hit 10C it rapidly fell again to 7. I walked the dogs instead. (whilst looking for a rape site LOL)

PH

ok I admit I spent a couple of hours yesterday in a few fields about 4 miles away from home with a pair of binoculars looking for Autumn sown rape shoots.

I had a walk down the bottom of the garnden after work today at about 5:30.

A few bees still flying, and one or two on the outside and around the hive, possibly getting chilled a bit, hope they get back in OK.

3 of the hives still heavy, one is lighter than the others, will have to have a look this weekend under the crown board and check fondant is above main cluster.

Latest posts

Back