Now that's made my eyes water!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinL

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
OUCH!

Just stung on the tip of my nose. :eek:

Apart from obvious pain of sting was followed by sneezing fit and proper runny nose & watery eyes.

Just in time to take the inevitable swelling to work for all to see tomorrow:spy:

Thought I'd take selfie every hour or so see what it turns into? :ack2:

Some places are much worse than others but inside your nose would have hurt more if that is any consolation. Post your photos

You need a lot more stings to build up immunity...

What swelling ? was my question when I was stung on the septum
(BUT it did hurt - a lot)

Just under my eyebrow earlier this year was a touch painful.

Funny thing was, it didn't swell at all, until the week after when I was stung on my hand! :(

Well, so far it's just warm & red.
No swelling.

To be honest most stings don't swell until later on.

What struck me was the running eyes, nose & exceptional pain, (real awakening) lasted @ the same length of time as usual but was like discovering a hot chilli in your salad!

Same happened to me, the nasal discharge with the sneeze made it hard to carry on. On the bottom lip was a terrible swell, the wife thought I was sticking my tounge out.

Got stung on the lip and ended up looking like Homer Simpson.

Ouch, its probably the worse place i reckon!! not many places i havent been stung, ball bag last year was interesting!! do you take off you gear to take out the sting and risk getting done in by all the others. Adams apple two days ago wasn't nice, but thats what you get if you think you can check nucs without a veil!!

Ouch, its probably the worse place i reckon!! not many places i havent been stung, ball bag last year was interesting!! do you take off you gear to take out the sting and risk getting done in by all the others. Adams apple two days ago wasn't nice, but thats what you get if you think you can check nucs without a veil!!

Hahahahahahaahaha, the naked apiarsed springs to mind haha, i got stung right inside my ear hole last year, and boy did it hurt, i can't imagine a ball bag sting or even worse. :eek::laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004

Well, looks almost unchanged.

Apart from a small red spot at the point of contact, no swelling at all!

from twitter

Attachments

• CsoIoZzWAAE4sX3.jpg
    CsoIoZzWAAE4sX3.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 44
I had an opportunity to chat with Randy Oliver over lunch yesterday. He tells the story of performing a hive inspection demonstration at a local fair/show of some description. They had built an open topped structure to surround the hive with sides perhaps 8' tall. The bees could fly freely and the wall height pushed them up above the heads of spectators. Randy was performing the demonstration in shorts and a T shirt - no veil or gloves. Part way through the demonstration he realised that, as he put it, a bee was crawling up his butt crack..... and "other" places.
As he put it, he took one for the team! He didn't comment about any swelling. I'll leave it there! ;)

Latest posts

Back