• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment Wanted Newbie looking for 2 national hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Blundy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hi
Just starting out in sheffield/rotherham area and other than bee suit I have nothing so ideally 2 nationals , smoker , hive tool etc . Please pm me what you got please. P.s no bees wanted till done course next spring .

you could also check out equipment reviews on YouTube ... Black Mountain Honey have a pretty comprehensive list of hives and other kit.

agree as above Thornes sale on atm. quality seconds and good to mingle with other beeks when you go to pick it up.

Hi
Just starting out in sheffield/rotherham area and other than bee suit I have nothing so ideally 2 nationals , smoker , hive tool etc . Please pm me what you got please. P.s no bees wanted till done course next spring .
Do have a go at assembling Thorne sale seconds. They have idiot proof, step-by-step online guides which actually make sense. I found that by building my hives it really got me to understand how they worked in 3D all the quicker. Ps my utility room has a small squared "graph paper" pattern on the linoleum. A large offcut is invaluable to work on to help keep your right angles true as you glue and nail. Give it a go and let us know how you get on. Most of us probably own a selection of hive tools to be honest. It really is personal preference. They're not prohibitively expensive and you tend to need a selection for the times you er misplace one. In terms of a suit, (and I know you said you had one), I bought a thin second hand one to start off with. I got SO stung and the feeling of apprehension as inspection day rolled around is with me still. My confidence and enjoyment soared when I bought a really good suit. Imnpenetrable, well almost! Buy once buy well. This is an expensive hobby but your future birthday and Christmas presents list can be added to perhaps. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back