Newbee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Evening all new member here and new to bee keeping as well. I am attending a local beekeeping course in Milton Keynes ,run by NBBA by volunteers and is extremely informative and fun .I am going to the Apiary as part of the course in late April-October to see how to manage the bees and look after them ,
I have purchased 2 second hand nationals,complete with frames along with a 9 frame radial extractor with storage bin for hopefully honey 🍯 😀 off a farmer from Suffolk .At the moment I am cleaning them up prior to repainting and sterilising the interior of the hives .
To say I'm excited is an understatement I've recently retired so have the time to give to beekeeping.
John

To say I'm excited is an understatement I've recently retired so have the time to give to beekeeping.
Oh well done and welcome. It’s wonderful isn’t it? I remember how excited I was with my first bees. Enjoy the forum and post your questions in the beginners section.

Oh well done and welcome. It’s wonderful isn’t it? I remember how excited I was with my first bees. Enjoy the forum and post your questions in the beginners section.
Thank you for the warm welcome I will search the forum for the numerous questions I'm sure I will need answers for

Don’t worry too much about finding them. Ask your own and somebody will have an answer. Trouble is with beekeepers you’ll get lots of answers.

Don’t worry too much about finding them. Ask your own and somebody will have an answer. Trouble is with beekeepers you’ll get lots of answers.
Been told that on my course already lol.but if you accumulate answers to your questions then you go with what you feel to be the best for you.

Been told that on my course already lol.but if you accumulate answers to your questions then you go with what you feel to be the best for you.
Use your own common sense filter. Some of the answers you collect will be correct, some ridiculous and some plain dangerous to the colony. With experience you can recognise which is which.

Latest posts

Back