New to this forum

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royaber

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
10ish
Found this forum whilst wandering around. Seems like my kind of space.
Bought my first bees 1970 - Taylor's Italians, went double brood national then went Buckfast in MD's. Did pollination moving bees from Manchester to Kent.
Retired from a day job 20 years ago to west wales and went back to single brood local bees then to 14x12 because of varroa management using drone comb and oxalic acid and am now in the process of making 12" deep insulated roofs. That's 40 odd years of potted history. Hello everybody!
Roy

Welcome ... lots of experience behind you then - you will be a valuable addition to the forum ! It's a great place - lots of advice and helpful comments (most of it conflicting !).

Welcome ... lots of experience behind you then - you will be a valuable addition to the forum ! It's a great place - lots of advice and helpful comments (most of it conflicting !).

That's true!

Welcome to the forum you will have some fun here debating and solving beekeeping situations

Welcome to the forum.

I look forward to your posts from so much experience.

West Wales by the sea is a big area.

:welcome: Roy

We prove the axiom "there's none as queer as folk" :)

Thanks for the welcome

I've got a couple of demijons of cappings washings bubbling away - will think of you all when the frost is keen. (Beekeepers don't use honey to make mead)
I wonder has anyone calculated how big Wales would be if it was flattened out?
Jenkinsbrynmair - The Aber is Arth and what is rose honey like (dil mel)
Sais dw'i. Sa i'n siarad Cymraig

Cymru am Byth.
Roy

p.s. I've finished five of my projected ten insulated deep roofs.

I've got a couple of demijons of cappings washings bubbling away - will think of you all when the frost is keen. (Beekeepers don't use honey to make mead)
I wonder has anyone calculated how big Wales would be if it was flattened out?
Jenkinsbrynmair - The Aber is Arth and what is rose honey like (dil mel)
Sais dw'i. Sa i'n siarad Cymraig

Cymru am Byth.
Roy

p.s. I've finished five of my projected ten insulated deep roofs.

Are you using google translate? dil Mel (or DÎL MÊL if you want to spell it properly with the circumflex) is honeycomb - proverbs 24:13 for the heathens out there! :D

Are you using google translate? dil Mel (or DÎL MÊL if you want to spell it properly with the circumflex) is honeycomb - proverbs 24:13 for the heathens out there!
No I used the wrong dictionary - I've been trying to learn this beautiful/lasted language for the past six years and look how far it's got me - don't even know my own produce!!

Back