New Queen Not Laying

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Introduced new purchased Buckfast queen on 24th June to a colony made queenless 7 days previous in preparation. Inspected on 7th July and queen not laying. As weather poor fed with 3 pts 1 to 1 syrup after removing 1/2 filled super. Inspected again today and queen still not laying. Would of expected if not mated she would be laying eggs if only drone. Bees bringing in pollen and also now plenty of nectar. Should i leave another week. Three other queens which arrived at same time (Buckfast) all laying well.

should be laying by now surely, if bought as a mated laying queen.

I would call her a dud. Phone the vendor and discuss.

Normal time for a travelled queen to come back into lay is roughly 4 or five days.

PH

I introduced a Buckfast queen on tuesday, on inspection today she has started laying.

Good luck I hope its not the same supplier that I bought a dud queen from last year as he wriggled in every direction so as not to refund me as it was to late for a replacement.

Just to add the supplier is not connected in any way to this forum.

Queen Supplier

E-mailed queen supplier last night. As i am going away for 10 days they advised to leave alone. If not laying on return they will replace. Must say in all correspondence with them so far they really have been excellent.

Latest posts

Back