New beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the above, if you do not have time for the course do you have time for the bees?

I am actually entering my second year and to start I did a theory course and then practical. In the end it saved me time ( and money), as when it came to obtaining my bees, I was given a starter colony. Having had sound advice, I knew which equipment to go for ( money saved again). When I opened the bees up, I at least knew what I was meant to be doing ( not that I always ended up doing it), and when I saw my first swarm cells, the panic was limited as again I knew what I should do.

The course gave me confidence, so I was able to relax more with my bees and hence able to enjoy them more. Most importantly I did not feel on my own, with help and advice just a call away.

Yes it was a pain driving a 40 mile round trip in the cold and dark, but I am so glad I did it. Intend to repeat it again this year, as our teacher is running a basic beekeeping exam oriented course.

Learning from a real live person, in my opinion is more valuable than books, and even though this forum is very good, better than that. The books and the forum fill in the gaps and extend my knowledge for the future.

I am well hooked now, and all because of the encouragement I have had from contact with local beeks

Latest posts

Back