National 14 x 12 Hive plans etc

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodbobby

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
5+
Having purchased a table saw and a decent router + table I now want to make a few extra National brood boxes, supers and OMFs this coming Spring. I just want a few simple plans to build boxes etc. and don't want to be dovetailing corners or creating works of art! I have made stands,ekes,OMFs and gabled roofs before so I can turn my hand to amateur chippying.

Apart from David Cushman's website, can anyone give me the "heads-up" on where I can purcase or download some easy to read cutting list/ plans for Nationals. I have researched the net a little but most of the results are either for fleabay beekeeping CDs or the site has been taken down? The BBKA used to sell plans but I can't seem to find this service on their website

Any help would be appreciated....Thanks

As with hivemaker if you don’t wish to cut the joints then butt joint them and screw them. Use a good glue and if you can get stainless steel screws all the better.

As for plans for me it is always better to work from an existing item so just copy the measurements straight from your present kit.

14X12 plan

DeepNationalv10.jpg

Super plan

Nationalv11.jpg

Apart from David Cushman's website

How many do you need? One correct set is enough, Shirley?

You might want to make your first to check out any minor adjustments required (with your materials, for instance). Then cut for ten, or twenty, or however many you intend to use plus a few.

RAB

Thanks for your input.

Apart from David Cushman's website

How many do you need? One correct set is enough, Shirley?

You might want to make your first to check out any minor adjustments required (with your materials, for instance). Then cut for ten, or twenty, or however many you intend to use plus a few.

RAB

Thanks very much guys for your input..... most helpful . RAB, I am sorry, you have completely lost me! Who the heck is Shirley?

BOB

Who the heck is Shirley?

Possibly the one who posted the same sort of question just two days ago? I asked exactly the same question, when I replied!

Actually no, she didn't, but I was just 'testing' to see if you read other posts. As Bernie posted shirley is a regular, especially in some threads.

RAB

Latest posts

Back