Naming/labelling your honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi, I am a little confused as to what I can put on my label despite reading the required paperwork.

Basically I would like to put the name on the label as "Happy Valley Honey" as this is what the village of bollington is known as locally.

However I was concerned that if I take my bees to the OSR again next year that I couldn't use the name as the honey wasn't from within the "Happy Valley"

Hope that made sense.

You can 'name' your honey pretty well what you want, as long as the name isn't misleading. From the BBKA Guidance note:

If there is any reference to a particular plant or blossom (this includes both pictures and words), the honey must have come wholly or mainly from that blossom or plant - i.e. the honey must be characterised by that blossom or plant. If reference is made to a geographical origin the honey must come wholly from that place.

You must also identify the country of origin (e.g. 'Produce of England').

Last edited:
Happy valley isn't officially a location just a name used locally and could be difficult to define where it started and finished.

So I guess it should be ok.

Latest posts

Back