Moving a colony into a new hive.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought 4mm pre-cut polycarbonate board from this company - prices have gone up about 20% but fairly cheap to add an 8mm rim so much cheaper than buying - I am sure there are others and you save a lot on postage if you can collect
https://ruudrascottplastics.com/polycarbonate_sheet.php?id=69
To be honest by the time I get a sheet of that delivered and put a rim around it it will cost about £10 - exactly what Thornes were selling them for in their winter sale.

Edit ....................Opps - I only got a quote for 3mm and forgot the vat, The price would be closer to £15

To be honest by the time I get a sheet of that delivered and put a rim around it it will cost about £10 - exactly what Thornes were selling them for in their winter sale.

Edit ....................Opps - I only got a quote for 3mm and forgot the vat, The price would be closer to £15
I agree - it is likely only worth it if either you order a lot of them (postage lower %) or are able to collect - one thing to note 3mm and 4mm are the same price.

I agree - it is likely only worth it if either you order a lot of them (postage lower %) or are able to collect - one thing to note 3mm and 4mm are the same price.
Not on my quotation
3mm - £7.75 +vat
4mm £10.33 + vat

Back