Mouse Attack

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I went to my shed yesterday (to get my fishing gear) discovered wax fragments on the floor, i have stacked about six or seven supers in there over winter,all drawn out and cleaned by the bees last autumn,lifting them out i discovered the utter devastation Mice can cause, most supers ruined,fishing gear chewed, two mice in attendance and a nest with four young mice in it, i am obviously not best pleased, neither were the two "Mousers" when they smelled the shed (alas the cats don't have a key to the shed) the moral of this tale
Don't ever underestimate the power of our delightful "field mouse" and take precautions when storing supers etc over winter, i won't get caught out again lesson learned.
ps the big softy that i am, i released the adults unarmed, the nest was humanely destroyed, the cats were gutted

Yes poison is one option, too indiscriminate as i live in the country,i set the humane trap last night too late now of course,yes i know the one about horses and stable doors :)
The cats have confirmed that we have no other unwanted residents, the ferret has also had a good nose around all seems to be clear

Latest posts

Back