Metal hive stands

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just one more, 2nd did not come out.
It needs a long screw where the longitudinal top bars sit on top of the top side cross bars, otherwise it rocks. I use 110 x 5mm Reiser for this.

Top bars are 52" long and depth is 17" so it takes nationals and langs.
Legs are 20", a height that suits me but you can make them any height you like.

Made 8 of these now and work fine.

these are great looking stands, but to big and bulky for what i need, with over four hundred hives i need someing light weight and no maintanance need to find someone who will sulpy me with metal stands

hi can you tell me what sort you are after whether single double etc

it was a general question as to height single double etc so i could work out a price for ian as i do welding/fabricating (my trade of 25 years) as well as everything else so i could help him out with cheap stands

Hi countryman
Thanks for your offer. My stands are 10" high and are singles. If you want to give me a price that would be grand. Thank you.

My stands are made from angle iron with two round rods half way down the legs in a x
I lost contact with the guy who made my last lot.
Please PM me if you wish and I'll give you my number/email address

Sorry to all who have sent me a private message I've only just found out you can send them.

I can keep bees but know nothing about computer stuff

Sorry guys. Will reply to messages shortly

Sounds like your metal stands look something like this then?

Yes very similar I will try and get a photo of the design I need
Mine have angle iron for the legs and the stand is 10" in height

These are simple and v strong, easily movable ..

These are simple and v strong, easily movable ..

Simple - OK, go with that.

V strong - err, concur there, too. Probably even stronger than the blocks they stand on!

Easily movable - WOT!! Won't even fit in a Smart without a huge overhang!

Are they easily dismantled? OK if you have an Ifor or similar, but I would def say not easily moved for most, unless in the same apiary.

Just had this made by the step son - sprayed it with galvanised paint and the jobs a good one.

Latest posts

Back