Long-range Weather? ??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you expect weather wise for 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What keeps many things same in spring is, that sun angle does not change.
Snow melts at same time as before.

Anything from 140 days to 155 depending on the breed , on a thought from when I was at college temperature and the amount of nutrition/feed etc can alter this some what.
It has been known for ewes to lamb twice in s year not very often.
Any way I'm in the thick of it lambing so I better get some shut eye for a couple bloody Suffolk's are a pain . You blink and there's swollen heads everywhere or legs back, lasy so and soes

I forgot to say there's no pill but we use teaser tups,
And melitonin injections on the pedegree stock ,
And the cross mules mainly Welsh X Dorset are on the mountain with tups year round not ideal mind.

After some thought all Dorset Shep are the only breed to lamb twice in a year , and if I remember there's a farmer in the Cotswolds doing just that.

I forgot to say there's no pill but we use teaser tups,
And melitonin injections on the pedegree stock ,
And the cross mules mainly Welsh X Dorset are on the mountain with tups year round not ideal mind.

After some thought all Dorset Shep are the only breed to lamb twice in a year , and if I remember there's a farmer in the Cotswolds doing just that.

I have it all to look forward to for the full month of April..the weather is always hit and miss but it always seems to get better half way through April..which means i do not have to faff about putting the plastic jackets on the lambs before they go outside..

A cold Jan/Feb please more natural selection.

In an ever warming climate , i wonder how beneficial selection biased towards survival of harsh winters would be ? .

"Natural Selection" is currently in favour of those tucked up in their centrally heated council house with nothing to do but knock out more scroungers, thereby increasing their benefits via the burden on hardworking taxpayers who are fighting through the snow to get into work. :ot:

Last edited:
"Natural Selection" is currently in favour of those tucked up in their centrally heated council house with nothing to do but knock out more scroungers, thereby increasing their benefits via the burden on hardworking taxpayers who are fighting through the snow to get into work. :ot:

:bump: the hell out of this post pls... I've a good pair of ball cruncher's to sort that out.

I have it all to look forward to for the full month of April..the weather is always hit and miss but it always seems to get better half way through April..which means i do not have to faff about putting the plastic jackets on the lambs before they go outside..

It's that time of year again it's come round quick Steve . It only seems like yesterday when we were talking about lambing last year. 2000 mules and 550 Suffolk's .
We couldn't use the jackets to many lambs , infact I don't think we've ever used them .
Another stock building has gone up and were using my tunnel not happy , the covers a pain to replace

I'm off with saw in the boot to see what's blown down over-night. should be good for burning by the time winter finally drawn on.

Most of the locals have given up on early lambing as too much effort for very little gain + village pub has the saw-dust waiting for the floor when it hits, (they appear from the gloom, tide-mark on the chosen arm, grab a pie & pint in wellies, then back out into the dark)!

Looking forward to a prolonged cold spell (Feb-March),with subsequent shortages in the supermarkets, (Bread/Milk etc due purely to the idiots panic-buying).

Last edited:
Looking forward to a prolonged cold spell (Feb-March),with subsequent shortages in the supermarkets, (Bread/Milk etc due purely to the idiots panic-buying).

I think you'll find that this year, you'll experience that regardless of the weather.

Borrowed back my ramps last week that had been languishing in my neighbors garage ( td5 starter motor solenoid struggle with the notorious BFH!)

He is stock piling tins of soup/meatballs/beans with sausages/spaghetti hoops etc... and probably more than the legal limit of petrol......
When I asked him if he was expecting a long freeze... he said no... just BREXIT!!!

:calmdown:

I think you'll find that this year, you'll experience that regardless of the weather.

Perhaps but after March 29th, Wouldn't "other brands" be still available?

neighbors garage

He is stock piling tins of soup/meatballs/beans with sausages/spaghetti hoops etc... and probably more than the legal limit of petrol......
When I asked him if he was expecting a long freeze... he said no... just BREXIT!!!

:calmdown:

Keep it quiet, :calmdown:

it's only fun when you have loads of everything that's in short supply.

Like putting all the lights on in the front of the house when there's a power cut & you have plenty of fuel for your generator. :winner1st:

Last edited:
So, it snowed this morning, (little more than a dusting in the midlands)!

As I was leaving work @ 06:30 the usual suspects were drifting in late, due to the "unexpected weather".

I doubt that it would have caused them any delay had they been heading in the opposite direction?

Snow forecast for Tuesday night!

Not for the North this time, Midlands and, wait for it. . .

London. :xmas-smiley-010:
So bound to be the worst winter weather since the Thames froze over.
You can just imagine it now, Fortnum & Mason closed due to shortage of milk & bread in London blizzard depositing 15-20mm snow in 24 hours.

London.
So bound to be the worst winter weather since the Thames froze over.
You can just imagine it now, Fortnum & Mason closed due to shortage of milk & bread in London blizzard depositing 15-20mm snow in 24 hours.

....a light frost then to test the Chelsea tractors..

18 degrees max in March???

are we due a deep freeze at Easter and is this now going to be the prognosis for future weather?
i.e.
Global Warming will give us much the same as last year????

That sounds warm and good to me!!!!!

18 degrees max in March???

are we due a deep freeze at Easter and is this now going to be the prognosis for future weather?
i.e.
Global Warming will give us much the same as last year????

I expect another warm summer and am planning on that basis.. with a backup plan when the weather turns to hail in May and all food sources are destroyed. :paparazzi:

60mph winds last night, now a balmy 17deg in the sun??

I seem to remember one of our primary school teachers warning, "March comes in like a Lamb but goes out like a Lion".

Do the affects of global warming change this? :judge:

Old wives tale,
or credible observation of move into Spring?

Long range 200mb (jet stream) forecast has the UK in the cold/stormy airmass until mid to end of nect week, so bit blowy & wet for a while.

Latest posts

Back