Liverpool

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markfitz

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Slightly of the subject of bees here but I'm heading to Liverpool next weekend just wondering what are the best pubs in the city:ot:

Don't know, but do avoid Toxteth high street (and anywhere close by) is likely still good advice. Only been to Liverpool once, and that was thirty years ago. Locked car doors and not stopping unnecessarily was def the order of the day back then. May have improved - but not enough to warrant a pub crawl by outsiders, I would suggest!

Happily things have improved over the last 30 years, and Liverpool is now much the same as any other UK city.
It does have a thriving tourist industry and caters well for visitors. However I can't answer the original question - you need to ask someone local to the part of the city you are visiting

Have a sister who lives at Liverpool and visit from time to time unfortunately hardly ever go near the city centre but would like to visit the new redeveloped waterfront one day perhaps even move my boat there fore a holiday. The city centre is full of some magnificent buildings and a few terrible buildings. From what I can remember of Toxteth was apart from how run down it was some of the housing stock was the big victorian town houses and one day perhaps even happening now is they are very desirable places to live.

what are you looking for?
Oliver 90 is way behind the curve... liver poll is now a cultural gem. gret restaurants / bars and amazing cultural destinations....

what are you looking for?
Oliver 90 is way behind the curve... liver poll is now a cultural gem. gret restaurants / bars and amazing cultural destinations....

:iagree:

Forget the dinosaurs, liverpool is now a good night out - can't remember the names of the pubs , but a good one not far from the old station (might be called the platform or something similar) - always a good range of real ales and a good atmosphere

Even in the mid nineties, students didn't leave the campus on their own if they didn't want to risk trouble, and the off-licences didn't leave booze on display where it could be nicked. Not my experience, but relayed from the mother of a uni student at the time. Where I live, you could still collect money for charity in an open bucket (not strictly allowed now, of course).

Liverpool certainly needed to improve, that is for sure.

Even in the mid nineties, students didn't leave the campus on their own if they didn't want to risk trouble, and the off-licences didn't leave booze on display where it could be nicked. Not my experience, but relayed from the mother of a uni student at the time. Where I live, you could still collect money for charity in an open bucket (not strictly allowed now, of course).

Liverpool certainly needed to improve, that is for sure.

I used to go to the city centre pubs and clubs nearly every weekend in the 80s with no problems. Like anywhere it was the surrounding run-down estates that were risky, and probably that's where a lot of the student accommodation was.

The yobs tend to prowl areas where there is a concentration of student residences as they are easy targets.

Latest posts

Back