Launch of Bill to ban use of neonicotinides

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Der Alte Fritz

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
My guest house Strand House (www.thestrandhouse.co.uk) is being used for the launch of Richard Skinner's MEP (SE England) new bill to ban the use of neonicotinides.

We are being interviewed on Radio BBC Sussex at 8am and then a BBC TV crew is going to come and film the launch at 10.30am. Any beeks that are in the area who want to come in full gear to support the launch are welcome. A few local ones will be there to cheer the MEP on when he makes his announcement with my hive the in the background.

Drop me an email if you can come.

I guess it must be to-morrow - not sure that some of these things get planned too much in advance? I'm not in the area but will watch out for news.
Tricia

It is today I am afraid.
Got the call from the MEP's office around 1pm, had to set it up in under 24 hours I am afraid. They knew I would be available because I run a hotel and the hive is easily accessible being in the hotel grounds.

Not my neck of the woods, but good luck, hope it goes off well.

Well done the radio interview and they had a chap from the NFU to put the other side of the argument.
He made the argument that there is no science behind the claims and therefore they should not have a ban
I said that having worked in the pharmaceutical industry, we adopted the opposite approach and withdrew a product if there was a hint of a problem until it was sorted out.

Well done - hope there is some raised awareness and some publicity for your guesthouse.
Tricia
PS - Another thing I think France does well - I believe they were quicker to ban worrying pesticides? They value the small scale producer.

Last edited:
Just heard it on the local BBC news - notice the NFU living up to their impolite version (No f***ing use) and defending Big Pestco, Inc (as usual) - people may (mistakenly) have thought they were the union to protect farmer's interests, and there they are standing up instead for their buddies in the pesticide industry...
Wasn't there another national association of something or another that did the same?
whistling.gif

Just heard it on the local BBC news - notice the NFU living up to their impolite version (No f***ing use) and defending Big Pestco, Inc (as usual) - people may (mistakenly) have thought they were the union to protect farmer's interests, and there they are standing up instead for their buddies in the pesticide industry...
Wasn't there another national association of something or another that did the same?
whistling.gif

I think the word is Beekeepers cough cough.

Latest posts

Back