Label Software

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
4 Hives
I am updating my labels this year, I have previously used Avery templates in Word. I am no expert and I find that it is hard to set up one label, with text at different orientations, logo......then to cut / paste it into the other label boxes all the formatting goes wrong. I don’t think Word is really set up for this type of work. I tried on line using the web based Avery software, it’s OK, but too limited to do all I want.
What I want is a simple table which represents the Avery labels on A4, and to be able to put text and images exactly where I want them.
Does anyone have any suggestions of software that would allow me to do this, I was thinking of setting something up in PowerPoint, as that allows you to put anything where you want it, text any angle, overlapping...
Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks Nick

I'm just thinking about getting my first lot of labels. I looked at Avery but it didn't seem to be cost effective with the cost of buying them and my printer ink and then the design issues which you mention. Someone recommended this site previously so I think I'm going to try them. I'm waiting for my artistic son to return from abroad so he can draw what I have in my head. https://bespokelabels.net/honey_label_designs/#

Publisher for me too! Labels of any size from Label Planet.

Avery design pro....not the avery templates in word.. Used to be free...get the big version not the light. Already has all the different label sizes as templates.

What you are doing already works. A couple of tips. Put all pictures I. Text boxes then they stay where you put them and once you are happy with the layout there is a link button that lets you set all the formatting in place. Then when you copy and paste nothing moves. It all stays in the same place.
E

Thanks E, is that the “group” button?
For all those who posted thanks, I have done the labels and Publisher worked really well.

Thanks E, is that the “group” button?
For all those who posted thanks, I have done the labels and Publisher worked really well.

Yes. You can always ungroup it after if you want to change something
E

Back