Konigin controller alternative

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
On another thread the motor used is shown to be a
16057-e9e5b9a6912ed0a78e4dc8c91246b5c1.data

So a three phase star configuration. My knowledge is a bit poor on this topic. Is it an induction motor? I am wondering if there is alternative to the Konigin controller that would work with it?

Something like this https://acdcdrives.co.uk/products/0...fAVE28Sc7fG7wb1yOeKIRHY5jqmec_bcLd8derpg2ec5i ?

I think the suggestion won't work as it is only a 230v output.

Repatch the motor to delta, then it will be fine.
Thanks. This led me to this website which is quite clear.

Are there any implications with the increased start current? Ie would the windings be two small? or the fact that the voltage is lower means it isn’t a problem?

Would you recommend a higher power inverter because of th inrush current. Ie the motor is 250W so I would need a 1.25kW inverter ?

Last edited:
Star/Delta starting is only really applicable to quite large motors (think tens of kW) 0 the inverter/motor combination you have selected looks fine to me.

Star/Delta starting is only really applicable to quite large motors (think tens of kW) 0 the inverter/motor combination you have selected looks fine to me.
Thanks very much for the advice.

On another thread the motor used is shown to be a
16057-e9e5b9a6912ed0a78e4dc8c91246b5c1.data

So a three phase star configuration. My knowledge is a bit poor on this topic. Is it an induction motor? I am wondering if there is alternative to the Konigin controller that would work with it?

Something like this https://acdcdrives.co.uk/products/0...fAVE28Sc7fG7wb1yOeKIRHY5jqmec_bcLd8derpg2ec5i ?
Have you got the latest Konigin controller?
After having to return my original controller 6 times I am now the proud possessor of a new model that has worked faultlessly since I got it 18 months ago.

Have you got the latest Konigin controller?
After having to return my original controller 6 times I am now the proud possessor of a new model that has worked faultlessly since I got it 18 months ago.
Nope. I am looking at a second hand one but your experience has put me off. The new model is £240 and at that point I might as well buy a new machine.

Nope. I am looking at a second hand one but your experience has put me off. The new model is £240 and at that point I might as well buy a new machine.
I used to send failed electronic PCBs to Geoff Drage at CET ltd for refurbishment and often they came back better than new when he identified a borderline choice of component in the original design. Try office hours 01923229224 - or https://cetltd.co.uk his speciality is in central heating controls but he's reverse engineered and fixed a solar controller for me when I needed it. I understand he's relocated so the phone number might be incorrect

Latest posts

Back