Kent: Lenham Lectures

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itma

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
After a gap last year KBKA is again holding a pair of lectures in the Community Hall in Lenham ME17 2QT on Sunday 17th November 2013.

Doors open: 1pm.
Lecture starts: 1.30pm.

David Rudland: ‘Winter into spring.’ Factors which affect colonies in harsh winter. David is a Surrey beekeeper with 150 colonies and a seasonal bee inspector.

Michael Keith-Lucas: ‘How plants solve crimes.’ Uses of pollen to place suspects at the scene of crime, solving honey fraud etc. Michael is a retired academic plant scientist.

Refreshments: Lesley Fancote’s delicious tea.

Informal chat time.

Three stalls: books, equipment, bumble bees.

Ticket price: £5 in advance, £6 on door.

Tickets from:

Kit Erhardt: [email protected], 01689 860805.

Clive Watson: [email protected], 0208 6583786.

John Hendrie: [email protected], 01732 833894.

http://www.kentbee.com/kbka/education/kbka-autumn-lecture.shtml

I wondered if anyone else was intending to go, so that the subversives could ensure that sensible ideas for overwintering might also get an airing?

:Angel_anim:

I wondered if anyone else was intending to go, so that the subversives could ensure that sensible ideas for overwintering might also get an airing? /QUOTE]I intended to go, and did.

Although I differ with Rudland on certain points, there was nothing but good, common sense on show today and the pollen lecture was, as expected, great fun.

Thanks to the Kent Beekeepers for organising the event. It was an entertaining and instructive day spend among friends - exactly what an association is for. If you don't like it, go write a book. Plenty of others have, and no doubt all of them still think well of themselves.

Back