Kaptar hive lifter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dano41

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Has anyone go one of these or similar and could tell me what they think of them?Where did you get it and how much does it cost?

Has anyone go one of these or similar and could tell me what they think of them?Where did you get it and how much does it cost?

Yes I have one. It does what it shows in the vids. I can lift hives with 3/4 supers with over 100lbs of honey in them directly onto the back of my truck and off again at the other end. It's been a godsend as most of my beekeeping is done solo.

Tips..... The trolley and clamps need to be set up parallel to sides of hives, so no roofs or overhangs. It is a little tricky to manoeuvre a 100lb+ hive at height balanced on 2 wheels....so be careful and take your time.
Also be careful on rough ground. I tend to get truck as close to hives as I can Lift hive off and lower it before manoeuvring to truck and then raising it to get on tail gate.
Availability..get direct from Hungary as cheapest, can't remember price but not cheap, but it is a quality bit of kit.
The original version had wheels inside the "V" axle (as shown below) . They now do them with the wheels all outside of the "V", a longer wheel base if you like and the stability is much improved. I was send a free conversion kit to to change mine.

Kaptar3s.jpg

Thank you for reply I tried the email address on their site but the email was rejected,didn't send.Can you even give a ballpark figure?

£3-400...probably more now. If I'd had the money I'd bought the electric version...mines a manual.
Quick search and seems they have changed company names, just google Kaptar hive lifter and you will find them, Lars is the guy you want to contact, it's his dad who sits on the hives in the vuds.

Back