Jenter Kit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samoulis

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello pals! Im new here so sorry if i do something wrong! I would be obliged if you could help me with the Karl Jenter Kit. After the queen being released from the device, the device remains in the beehive where the queen laid the eggs or it goes to another empty or appropriate formed beehive so that the egg is hatched? I hope you understood my question because i am not the beekeeper, my father is, and i tried to write down exactly what he asked. Thanks a lot in advance!

Hello pals! Im new here so sorry if i do something wrong! I would be obliged if you could help me with the Karl Jenter Kit. After the queen being released from the device, the device remains in the beehive where the queen laid the eggs or it goes to another empty or appropriate formed beehive so that the egg is hatched? I hope you understood my question because i am not the beekeeper, my father is, and i tried to write down exactly what he asked. Thanks a lot in advance!
Try this:-

w-w-w(dot)cornwallhoney(dot)co(dot)uk/beepedia/jenter1(dot)htm

Hi,
Place your desirable queen in the jenter box,check here within 12 hours, if no eggs, keep her in again, for another twelve hours, (so you get the timing right), once she has laid, release her, BUT keep the jenter box between the same two frames, keep it there for another 3 days, e.g if you put here there on Sunday night, and she has laid on Monday morning, then I would release her Monday, and transfer the eggs over on Thursday morning to the queenless colony.
14 days would be from that Monday!,
Any problem them contact me, as I get fantastic results on the Jenter Kit!

I have used a kit with good and if I am honest better results than hand grafting. I have taken the eggs immediately after releasing the queen and put in queen less hive with good results, so not sure leaving makes a great deal of difference?
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

As you know in beekeeping, whatever works for you, stick to it!, there are so many variations in beekeeping, that I believe, there is no absolute right way,

Latest posts

Back