Japanese saw

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motobiman

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Was five now four. Grrrrr
I just bought a Japanese 265mm (pull) saw off Fleabay.

How did I get to 68 years of age before discovering this tool?

I just bought a Japanese 265mm (pull) saw off Fleabay.

Well I managed to as well.

Seems interesting.

Lidl's had Jap. saws in recently, I didn't get around to buying one but if you have ever used a pruning saw in the garden it's the same principle, cuts on the pull.

As you don't have to push to cut the blade can be a lot thinner than normal

Like everything you get what you pay for.. I've had a Japanese ripping saw for a number of years, used it for cutting green oak, much easier than a traditional western rip saw once you got used to the technique.

I've also had over the years a number of "cheap" pruning saws as supplied by most DIY stores. Then I found Silky .. no comparison.

Only you can answer that, I would suggest. Unless you want some too honest responses.

Lidl's had Jap. saws in recently, I didn't get around to buying one but if you have ever used a pruning saw in the garden it's the same principle, cuts on the pull.

As you don't have to push to cut the blade can be a lot thinner than normal

And I guess it's because of that it seems much easier to cut a straight line in thin material anyway.

So far on 3 and 9 mm ply I've found it leaves a really clean edge with very little tearing and straight cross cuts in 2x1 are a doddle too.

This blade is a bit short for really heavy stuff and frankly I tend to use power for those anyway.

Better on the back too as less bending is required.

Latest posts

Back