Is celotex woodpecker proof?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There can't be that many blue tits left that still remember milk bottles!

My in-laws still have milk delivered, they had devised a hinged piece of ply wood that lifts up and rests on top of the milk bottles. But that was until someone started nicking the milk, now, it is left in one of the recycling bins.

:sorry: :ot: as well

I used to have my milk delivered by this lot
http://www.jobsdairy.co.uk/better_milk_story_video.htm

They used to have lots of "cows" on the rooftop of the building just about where the M3 becomes the Chertsey Road in Hanworth.
When Dairy Crest bought them out I think they were removed but a petition reinstated them ...or some of them

Last edited:
:sorry: :ot: as well

I used to have my milk delivered by this lot
http://www.jobsdairy.co.uk/better_milk_story_video.htm

They used to have lots of "cows" on the rooftop of the building just about where the M3 becomes the Chertsey Road in Hanworth.
When Dairy Crest bought them out I think they were removed but a petition reinstated them ...or some of them

Ah yes .. I used to drive past there regularly going into London ..

when we had the milk round, empty babyfood jars were at a premium - ideal for putting over the tops of bottles, pieces of slate was a regular with us too - if you were really posh you could buy plastic caps to put over your milk bottles. By the 1970's with all the smallholdings around us also needing milk deliveries and most farms having advanced beyond the old open fireplaces with the iron bread oven next to it, these were all recycled and most farms had one of these next to the gate as a safe place for milk, mail and any other small delivered goods. Luckily in them days we didn't have too many thieving scum in the valley!

Those insulating boards are not even ant proof. Ants love them and make their home into board in couple of days.

Latest posts

Back