Innovative interactive training tool

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosti

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
You are clearly never too old to learn.

Not particularly pleased about being 50 but my wife has bought me a superb ‘virtual hive’ system as a present that allows you to practice your manipulation techniques, so pro's and con's as they say. If all goes well then you can remove items without the bees noticing. If you are ham fisted then the bees respond and leave the nest so it's very realistic. It also encourages you to work without gloves, I know some may think that a little fool hardy but then this is only a virtual hive. It's quite cheap and I think that Hooper is frankly a thing of the past. This is definitely the way forward. I’ve included product information below in case anyone wants to order one for themselves. Admittedly the vendor is not very well known for apiary supplies and may not be familiar to the older generation of beekeepers, youngsters should be more comfortable with the supplier though.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

>

Last edited:
No it's a spelling mistake Finman, I'm sure it's 3-80 years, definately a carefully crafted serious apiary training tool and absolutely no resemblence to Kurplunk at all. :smilielol5:

A spelling mistake! - I will never learn

worse.jpg

A spelling mistake! - I will never learn

Finman you are in grave danger of appreciating British humour, beware, you'll be forsaking your Lihapullat for roast beef and yorkshire puddings before you know whats happening! :biggrinjester:

Thats a lot of dead bees there, but its clever how the photo captures their ghosts**

**EDIT: - would that be by phase contact?

Last edited:
I've got one of those. :D

Me too!

I WILL get my 7 year old son interested in the craft.....