How to fill mini jars?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaj

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I am thinking about bottling my honey in those mini 1oz jars.

Has anyone got any ideas how to fill these quickly and accurately?

thanks

How about a 50ml graduated syringe? Th**nes have them.

Just did a very quick calc and 21 ml = 1oz (best to check though.)

Are these for breakfast jars, as in catering?

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't like them.

I think the 12 oz hexagonal jars are the smallest we should use.

Invest some £15k in a decent bottling machine. ;)

Friend of mine got an order for 25000 1 oz jars. In 48 hours he melted and processed the honey, filled and labelled the jars, and transported them from Ross-Shire to London some 500+ miles.

A good bottling machine is an asset.

A bloody big syringe will work fine but how are you going to present them?

PH

I did some for a wedding, and used the pump thingy that Th0rnes sell like you get on liquid soap.

You need the honey to be warm, but it worked really well and it was fast. I can't emphasise enough the need for the honey to be warm though.

The one I have is not in the catalog but it's called a honey dispenser and looks like this, which is presuambly the same function but from a different supplier to when I bought mine.

honeydispenser.jpg

Adam

skaj,

Not sure what you are expecting to do with them but the labelling may be a problem. Might need to check out the Trading Standards requirements.

Regards, RAB

rab - presumably not for sale - question probably related to other thread - freebies in 1oz tester jars then you can buy what you like from me at 1lb a time.

Latest posts

Back