how many hives can you have in a 7m x 6m area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

always weeding

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
half
I have 3 hives in an area,two polpulated nd one empty but the empty one will soon be populated with a colony that i have in a nuc box. How many hives can you comfortably have together please.

I think the question to be asked is how many hives will the area I live in support, and how many hives are already in the vicinity.

As many as you like but they will have to share the pickings in the area....if you have plenty of crops or trees nearby you should be ok. I keep four in my garden with not very good pickings, sometimes the poorer hives struggle! The strong will always win!

Sensible advice as always from Enrico. Considering four as your decision, these can easily become eight, mid season.
Quantity and quality of forage will be the deciding factor rather than surface area at apiary site.

thank you for the replies, i have them on my allotment which is surrounded by countryside.

So am I, but that doesn't mean that there is more nectar than in a town! In fact there can be considerably less.
E

Latest posts

Back