How long for Queen to lay

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzle

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Had a hive this season who split and produced a new queen. 4 weeks later still no brood with new Q. Was some drone brood. Killed off the queen. They produced another queen. Laying pattern looking good so far...

Should add that we added fresh brood and eggs after

Oh right, how long do you wait for new Q to start a colony
Couple of weeks *after* emergence although many people are happy to give a month . Reading your initial post it looks like you waited two or three weeks from the expected emergence date (depending on whether it was a man made split or natural swarm) so a fair call.

Couple of weeks *after* emergence although many people are happy to give a month . Reading your initial post it looks like you waited two or three weeks from the expected emergence date (depending on whether it was a man made split or natural swarm) so a fair call.
I waited 6 weeks.

I waited 6 weeks.
From emergence? No problem because you've now fixed the issue although I'd be keeping a close eye on the new queen as she was obviously raised in less than ideal circumstances, but it'll probably work out ok if she's laying well now -just a heightened possibility of early supersedure attempt

Latest posts

Back