horses and bees dont mix

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would love to read a post mortem report from the vet who attended the horses and see what was said.
I keep bees and horses in close proximity and have never had a problem and i will continue to keep them together being both a horse and bee owner, i will however get ready for the million and one qs from horse owners, shame stories that have not revealed extra details make the headlines yet the amount of horses and riders killed in RTAs and they rarely make the news. my heart goes out to both parties involved.

feel sorry for the bee's

This post was reported.
Reason: Inappropriate comment and joke in a thread regarding someone's loss and death.

oh boo hoo.

If you don't want "inappropriate" comments don't stick email circulars and press reports up in a public forum for discussion.

oh boo hoo.

If you don't want "inappropriate" comments don't stick email circulars and press reports up in a public forum for discussion.

I would of thought asking members to self moderate and be adult would of been enough to stop posts being reported?

If I felt there was a problem with what I was posting then I wouldn't have posted it.

If you want to break this out into a separate thread then I'm more than happy to discuss it with you, but the complaint was pathetic. If I hadn't already made the joke I'd have done it again when it turned out the Mail had reported it too.

The individual who lost the horses never posted here, it came from circular emails sent round associations and the joke, much as it was one, was neither directed to the horses, the owner of the horses or the bees and was made two weeks after the original, fourth hand, recounting of the story to begin with.

What's the statute of limitations to making an unrelated quip in a discussion forum, here or anywhere else?

I was certainly not offended myself Nellie.
But it looks like someone was or maybe someone does not like you? :smash:

Maybe they need to grow up and save the "reported" button for proper spam and abusive posts and perhaps get some thicker skin while they're at it.

No skin off my nose if they don't like me, they wont be the first on a discussion forum, most people at least take it up with me rather than hiding behind the admin's apron strings though.

Nellie

I for one was not offended. I simply took your remark at face value and found it amusing, which I think was your intention, particularly given the slant and spin put on these stories by tabloids. I didn't look beyond that for any malicious angle, maybe that makes me insensitive and not 'PC' enough, but I'll have to live with that.

At the risk of causing yet more offence to sensitive readers, to my mind there are shades of 'Drop the dead donkey' in this bizarre tale too.

Nellie if its any consolation I have said far worse before.
I would not mind but I have had my own posts reported to me :willy_nilly:

I think you need to take your sense of perspective and chuck it out of the window perhaps?

Maybe it's because it involves horsies and that elevates the circumstances of this thread to something beyond national tragedy in some peoples minds?

Maybe it's because it involves horsies and that elevates the circumstances of this thread to something beyond national tragedy in some peoples minds?

I agree,thats spot on. One of my sons slaughters around 60 horses every wednesday,gets some flak about that too.

Let's keep a sense of proportion. Best give thanks that no kittens, puppies, pandas, seal pups or meercats, - oh and by the way, humans were involved.
Innit.

Let's keep a sense of proportion. Best give thanks that no kittens, puppies, pandas, seal pups or meercats, - oh and by the way, humans were involved.
Innit.

What about Dolphins? You'd have been happy if dolphins had been involved then? :D

I agree,thats spot on. One of my sons slaughters around 60 horses every wednesday,gets some flak about that too.

OK, that made me laugh. The "report post" button must be in meltdown by now.

No they were on strike...
must resist...

Report was genuine - allegedly inexperienced beekeepers with 12(!) hives. Not BBKA members (again allegedly) so no insurance?

R2

Don't doubt the authenticity of the original story just the need to wear sack cloth and remain in mourning on a forum over a post made by someone who had an email from this bloke who heard the original story.

Report was genuine - allegedly inexperienced beekeepers with 12(!) hives. Not BBKA members (again allegedly) so no insurance?

R2

Looking back at post #18, The original story was first revealed in the email from 'Keith Obbard from High Weald Beekeepers' who states that the beekeeper, who was also owner of the deceased horses, was "one of their new members". Was this a mistake? If so, I can't see how it could happen?
Re-reading the email, it seems that all that is missing is 'send this to everyone you know at the end...
Curiouser and curiouser... :svengo:

Latest posts

Back