Honey to die for

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year's honey is to die for. Clear as a bell with no sign of crystalising yet. A lovely golden colour. Wish I had a show to put it in!View attachment 28080
First batch in jars looks very similar to yours, Eric. More of an orange gold than a yellow gold.

Birmingham and district have their honey show on the 11th and 12th September at Winterbourne house and gardens. An open show check our website Honey Show – Birmingham Beekeepers
Not forgetting the national honey show is on this year 👍

I also noticed this year honey is lighter (compared to last year) and taste divine. We had a brilliant July here and for the first time I’ve noticed bees working the lime hard.

Our spring honey was very pale although it was the first spring honey we’ve taken off in the 2 springs we’ve properly had bees. It was warm enough for the bees to forage on the early cherry/plum trees of which we have hundreds on the streets around us so am guessing it was mainly that. The summer crop is the usual golden colour with slight variations between hives. Two hives are nice honey and the 3rd is absolutely delicious with a real minty zing. Would be weird if only one hive went to town on the nearby lime. No issues with crystallisation, which is even minimal in our first jar from 2 years ago.

Latest posts

Back