• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

honey press????

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justme

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
10(OSB hives)1 National
Anyone need one of these? more to the point do any of you heather honey peeps think this would do the job? Not enough heather around here for me to want one.

item no, on epay: 310504518894

Only short time left on it.

Anyone need one of these? more to the point do any of you heather honey peeps think this would do the job? Not enough heather around here for me to want one.

item no, on epay: 310504518894

Only short time left on it.

Stainless steel ones are better, but they rarely turn up at auction and when they do they reach silly prices.

I was wondering how you make Golden Syrup !:thanks:

I tried pressing honey using an apple press and it wasn't very successful at all for these reasons:

1. The block on my press kept sliding sideways or tilting from under the screw thread ideally it needs to be fixed to the thread

2. I could only press small amounts each time in effect about 2-3 lbs a time so pressing over 60 lbs worth took pretty much all day

3. The press ideally also needs to be mounted to a solid surface as you need to generate a fair amount of pressure to extract as much as you can per batch, not easy when the whole thing is lined up over a bucket

4. The trough isn't deep enough. Would be fine with a liquid like apple juice but not heather honey which hardly flows even when its been in a warming cabinet.

The old MG heather honey presses still come up for sale every now and again.

Just found this clip of bees on the heather in Scotland.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ70zxL4eZo[/ame]

Is the honey press still available and how muchdo you want for it, my dad has just inherited bees in scotland and needs a press

Back