honey at top ... academic reason why?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thus discussion is same kind as we could ask, why tree roots are not at the top if tree and why top is not in the ground.

Could we say that "we are enlightened".

You remind me of my old, now deceased, physics teacher who used to recite "air is the best insulator". Usually related to wiring up simple electrical experiments :)

when it come to electrical insulation... (dielectric strength) water is better...

that is pure water.. the problem is keeping it pure e.g. distilled

with Air as a thermal insulator the problem is keeping it relatively "still" a problem the honeybees have the capability to solve.

Thus discussion is same kind as we could ask, why tree roots are not at the top if tree and why top is not in the ground.

Could we say that "we are enlightened".

That's not the answer I would expect from a biologist, or those whose philosophy is post the age of "enlightenment"

Well I have a tree that tried to raise its roots 2m above the base of the trunk. And I know you can get leaves to grow downwards if that's where the light is. This because the answer for roots is not gravity or any up/down but roots seek out water and Leaves seek out the light.

What exactly has been proven about why honeybees put the honey above?.

Just stating it is "obvious" or "it is what it is" is a cop out.

many can show that they ride a bicycle but few know how they do it

Last edited:
What exactly has been proven about why honeybees put the honey above?.

do it

We could collect money and hire couple of beekeeping professors to solve that problem.

If it is not enough, that honey hangs up there, then lets pay to expert, that he tell it to us.

I bet that God planned it up there.

About biology.... I hope that biologist do not waste their brains in the problems like that. There are so much need of money in these days everywhere.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back