Hole in my veil, repair?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well mend it dear Henry dear Henry, well mend it dear Henry, mend it!!

We too got a hole big enough for three bee bums to squeeze through. Our veil came from Th ornes and we plan to repair it next week.
We bought from them a veil mesh for a few quid. Unpick the old one sew this one in...bingo.

All the best
Sam

Try looking in the yellow pages for a local sewing shop. I get rips in my suit / veil repaired at a local shop for a couple of quid - I think they relish the challenge!

My current Sherriff's is over 20 years old and has had four holes...repaired by lightly tying together with cotton then dabbing with superglue.

Is this a good time to remind beeks to check the cuff and hem elastic is still viable? - I've replaced mine twice.

Thanks everyone, took it round to my mothers who darned it, but I will now finish off with my wifes nail varnish,Cheers again, it just shows what a good forum this is with all the sugestions that came back.

I burned my Sherriff veil with the smoker in the car. Jenny Gammon repaired it. She replaces all the veil, and made a good job of it. Tel: O1823 27O465.

All this girlie nail varnish queens on here , TOO LATE just come back with two stings to the face, never check veil from last time, time to get the wife to sew it up, ouch ouch ouch Carnot drink anything it all comes out again.

Thanks everyone, took it round to my mothers who darned it, but I will now finish off with my wifes nail varnish,Cheers again, it just shows what a good forum this is with all the sugestions that came back.

If you are like me who's wife ceased the nail varnish exercise 2 decades ago I've used a spot of superglue to seal the thread / knots.

Hi all,
is there any way of repairing the hole.

Sewing machine and piece of clothe.

Gorilla glue and piece of clothe.

Get a new girl friend from internet from Ukraina. She will not stay long.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back