Hi from Rossendale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi everyone. Just got back on the horse after losing my first batch of bees to the 2013 winter/spring and probably aided by my inexperience. My batch of bees installed in June seem to be thriving so fingers crossed they will go into winter without a numpty in charge this time. Have already found this forum very helpful and look forward to hopefully some 2016 honey as well as my continued fascination with these lovely creatures.

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you have more success this time.

I'm just down the valley from you. Home of the Black Pudding.

Thank You

Thanks everyone. Glad there are other beeks and their bees who have to tolerate the Lancashire/Manchester weather.

Welcome and good luck with your bees. Manchester weather, unfortunately is something we have no control over.

Our weather seems to be great for Himalayan Balsam! hope your girls have access to some, going great guns at the moment.

After yesterday's washout the girls are going mad with lots of pollen going in and the Himalayan balsam imprint evident on lots of the girlies. They are also covering some Chinese cabbage I have allowed to flower in the allotment. Inspection day tomorrow. Deep breaths, don't show them the whites of your eyes.....

Good luck , let us know how you get, on stay :coolgleamA:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back